I decided to create this blog for two main reasons; to keep a history of what I have discovered using the packages within the Rcpp family, and maybe help someone else. I am fairly new to using these packages, so hopefully this information might help someone else with starting off with Rcpp and not be scared off from the difference between c++ and R.
My interest in using Rcpp first started was when I read a comment in reply to this blog post about speeding up R. After discussing with others, it occurred to me that there are alot of other people out there using c++ for statistical purposes. I decided to meet in the middle and use Rcpp to make things as easier as possible.
This blog is about what I found using Rcpp, and the applications I have applied using Rcpp.
I hope this helps someone else starting out with Rcpp and the like.
No comments:
Post a Comment